Grodno and Grodno region were visited by over 136 thousand tourists using visa-free in 2019
In 2019, 136 thousand tourists visited Grodno and the nearest regions as part of a visa-free regime, and tourism services export grew to $ 5 million. It is expected that in 2020 the tourist flow will increase to 150 thousand tourists.
In total, since October 2016, when a visa-free regime was introduced on the territory of Grodno and the Park Augustow Canal, the region was visited by over 260 thousand foreign tourists. Most of the guests came to Grodno from the neighboring countries of the European Union. In 2019, the region was visited by 37 thousand Lithuanians, over 15 thousand Poles and about 2 thousand Latvians. At the same time, there has been an increase in visitors from other European countries, such as France, the Netherlands, Italy, Hungary and Estonia. During the visa-free regime, Grodno was visited by representatives of 80 countries.
Visa-free regime has activated the tourism sector in the region. New tourist sites began to appear and existing ones are being improved. An important destination on the tourist map of the region is Augustow Canal, on the basis of which a special tourist and recreational park Augustow Canal was created.
Here favorable conditions have been introduced for the investment project implementation in tourism sector, including accommodation, trade, food, sports and entertainment facilities. Residents of the park are provided with tax, customs and other preferences that can significantly reduce project costs and increase its pay-off period.
Preferences and benefits for residents of the Park Augustow Canal:
- Real estate tax - 0% for buildings and structures located in the Park.
- The land for the implementation of the declared investment project in the park is provided to the resident of the Park without auction.
- Reduced rent (1 ha) - from 11 USD per year.
- Import duties and VAT - 0% (for the import into the Republic of Belarus of technological equipment, components and spare parts for it, raw materials and materials.).
- Profit tax - 0% for 5 calendar years from the date of profit announcement. After the specified period, the profit is taxed at a rate reduced by 50%.
- Value Added Tax (VAT) - 0% of the turnover on the sale of goods (works, services) of own production.
- Exemption from payment for the right to conclude a land lease agreement provided for the implementation of an investment project.
The administration of FEZ Grodnoinvest will provide the necessary support when choosing an investment site and implementing the project on the territory of the Park Augustow Canal. Our contacts: