State Customs Committee of Belarus: this year transit cargo traffic grew by 18%
In January-September 2018, the volume of goods transited through the Republic of Belarus amounted to 49.5 million tons, which is by 18% higher than the same period last year.
The Russian Federation traditionally holds the leading position in the transit structure - over 80%. This year, Russian companies transported by 20% more goods through Belarus than a year earlier, breaking the 43 million ton mark.
The transit attractiveness of Belarus is derived from the advantages of the geographical position at the intersection of two largest economic unions and the transport route passing through the republic, connecting Europe and Asia.
The speed of operations related to the movement of goods across the border is increasing. In January-September this year, about 6.5 million vehicles crossed the border. This is by 350,000 cars higher than in the first 9 months of 2017. The number of railway carcarriage across the customs border has increased to 2.5 million.
To service the growing goods flow, the administration of FEZ Grodnoinvest has developed a project to create a multimodal logistics center on the territory of Grodno region. Within the project, investors are offered land plots on the border with Poland:
- Plot number 5 Sector 2 - 170 hectares (on the site - railway checkpoint "Bruzgi-1").
- Plot No. 5 Sector 3 - 132 hectares (on the territory of the plot there there is an automobile checkpoint "Bruzgi-2").
- Plot No. 5 (Obukhovo district) - 75 hectares (on the territory of the plot there is Grodno international airport).
- Plot No. 12 (Svisloch) - 421 hectares (on the territory of the plot there is a railway customs clearance point).
At these sites, a special legal regime is operating that includes tax and customs benefits and preferences, as well as a simplified procedure for customs administration in the field of logistics, which involves:
- the possibility of not declaring goods when they are imported with the subsequent filing of the goods declaration (clause 4 of article 204 of the Customs Code of the EAEU). There are only customs procedures related to the arrival of goods.
- the possibility of declaring goods by non-residents of FEZ and the completion by such entities of the FCZ procedure (part 2 of paragraph 2 of Article 202 of the Customs Code of the EAEU) on the basis of an agreement on the provision of services with residents of FEZ.
In 2018, for the implementation of logistics projects on the territory of FEZ Grodnoinvest, three companies with capital from Belarus, Poland and China have been already registered.
We invite investors to take part in the project. Additional information on the sites can be obtained in the foreign economic activity department of the administration of FEZ Grodnoinvest by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +375 152 41-23-17.